Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concurrent Execution of Zigbee and Thread

Jump to solution
YukioOyama
Contributor III

Hi all,

K32W148 is supposed to be able to run Zigbee and Thread simultaneously.

We want a device that can run Zigbee and Thread concurrently. However we are using an i.MX8QM CPU, so we don't need any additional MCU.

Do you have a solution for a device that can run Zigbee and Thread simultaneously?
Our board is Linux OS.

I think the IW612 is a product that removes the MCU from the RW612. It has a concurrent RF PHY, but NXP doesn't seem to support it yet.

Best regards,

Yukio Oyama

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Christine_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Yukio Oyama-san,

Thanks for being interest in our products.

I apologize if this may cause any inconvenience for you.

We don't have these kind of products that can run ZigBee and Thread concurrently based on MPU(Linux OS) or without MCU. Only have products that can run ZigBee and Thread based on MCU as you know that, such as: K32W148,Rw612 and so on. For more details on each product, can visit our website.

For IW612, yes, we have plan  to support ZigBee protocol, but we cannot engage on that yet, nor provide any ETA. Now IW612 only can support Thread protocol based 802.15.4.

So sorry about that.

​Best regards,

Christine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Christine_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Yukio Oyama-san,

Thanks for being interest in our products.

I apologize if this may cause any inconvenience for you.

We don't have these kind of products that can run ZigBee and Thread concurrently based on MPU(Linux OS) or without MCU. Only have products that can run ZigBee and Thread based on MCU as you know that, such as: K32W148,Rw612 and so on. For more details on each product, can visit our website.

For IW612, yes, we have plan  to support ZigBee protocol, but we cannot engage on that yet, nor provide any ETA. Now IW612 only can support Thread protocol based 802.15.4.

So sorry about that.

​Best regards,

Christine.

0 Kudos
YukioOyama
Contributor III

Hello Christine-san,

Thanks for the quick reply and the info.

I hope you will support multi PAN in many of your products and sooner rather than later.

As far as I know only NXP supports multi PAN. As long as we want this feature, we will have no choice but to choose your product.

And multiplexing PANs may require new know-how. I believe that only the first mover can have an advantage in that regard.

I look forward to your earliest offering.  I'll close this case. Thank you.

Yukio Oyama

0 Kudos