cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building BLE 4.2 HCI for FRDM-KW41Z

wesdodd
Contributor I

Hi,

We've started to work with the Kinetis Design Studio to build applications for the FRDM-KW41Z board. We want to build the hci_black_box_frdmlw41z application for BLE 4.2.

In some of the header files I find checks for compile time switches "gBLE41_d" and "gBLE42_d", but I can't find anywhere where either of these are set as part of the project.

I haven't been able to find any documentation about the build options for the project, other than Debug or Release builds.

Can someone help sort this out?

Thanks,

Wes

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

dereksnell
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Wes,

The macros gBLE41_d and gBLE42_d are only used for the stack libraries, not for the application.  They are defined as preprocessor macros in the library projects, but those library projects and source are not shared.  This is why they don’t seem to have any impact on the application source code provided, and why there are no further references to them.  The libraries provided for the KW41Z have gBLE42_d set to TRUE.

And the BLE documentation is installed with the KW41Z Connectivity Package at \MKW41Z_ConnSw_1.0.2\docs\wireless\Bluetooth

Best regards

0 Kudos

cristiancodrean
Contributor I

Derek,

We have the FRDM-KW41Z board loaded with the hci firmware and we'd like to test if the firmware works fine.

Sending the HCI-Read-BD-ADDR command (01 09 10 00) over a serial interface works fine. But when I tried to use the hciconfig tool from a Linux (Ubuntu 12.4) machine, it failed to respond back:

cristian:~$ hciconfig
hci0:    Type: BR/EDR  Bus: USB
    BD Address: 4C:80:93:2C:12:7F  ACL MTU: 310:10  SCO MTU: 64:8
    UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN
    RX bytes:1295 acl:0 sco:0 events:52 errors:0
    TX bytes:717 acl:0 sco:0 commands:52 errors:0

hci1:    Type: BR/EDR  Bus: UART
    BD Address: 00:04:9F:00:00:15  ACL MTU: 500:20  SCO MTU: 0:0
    DOWN INIT RUNNING
    RX bytes:184 acl:0 sco:0 events:13 errors:0
    TX bytes:72 acl:0 sco:0 commands:13 errors:0

cristian:~$ sudo hciconfig hci1 up
Can't init device hci1: Connection timed out (110)
cristian:~$

Any ideas? Thanks!

Cris

0 Kudos