Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BeyondStudio for NXP, problem with duplicate paths

Jump to solution
ffonck96
Contributor II

Hi y'all.

I just imported a project for my JN5168 and i'm getting this error message when compiling:

Description	Resource	Path	Location	Type
Invalid project path: Duplicate path entries found (/nd007-firmware [Include path] isSystemInclude:true includePath:C:/NXP/bstudio_nxp/sdk/JN-SW-4170/Components/Common/Include), path: [/nd007-firmware].	nd007-firmware		pathentry	Path Entry Problem

Does anyone knows how to fix this problem? I tried to find the "isSystemInclude" property but no results.

Best Regards!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Please, open the Project properties and go to C/C++ General (left side of Properties window) > Paths and Symbols.

EduardoZamora_0-1700082886906.png

In Includes tab, look for the directory that can be causing the duplicate warning (or any other duplicated directories) and try deleting it.

Regards,
Eduardo.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @ffonck96

Hope you are doing well.

This behavior may be related to Eclipse. Could you please confirm that you have followed the BeyondStudio User Guide to import and build the project?

By any chance, did you rename the project or perhaps delete and reimport the project?

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos
ffonck96
Contributor II

Hi @EduardoZamora Thanks again for your quick reply. You have been very helpful.

• This behavior may be related to Eclipse. Could you please confirm that you have followed the BeyondStudio User Guide to import and build the project?

Now i'm following the instructions step by step on the document you provided me, but i still have the issue.
The sequence of things i did is as follows:

1. Open BeyondStudio and set workspace on path: C:\NXP\bstudio_nxp\workspace
  2. Import project into workspace. Select the code and import.
  3. Clean the project just in case. Then build the application. Build finishes with 31 Warnings. One of them is what i explained before: "Invalid project path: Duplicate path entries found...."
  • By any chance, did you rename the project or perhaps delete and reimport the project?

Precisely i copy-pasted this code from another computer's coworker. In other words, i copy-pasted the folder.

Regards!

0 Kudos
EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Please, try the following procedure:

1. Delete all possible previous versions of the project you are trying to import

2. Copy the folder (not a zip) that contains the project and paste it into C:\NXP\bstudio_nxp\workspace

3. Follow the menu path File > Import

4. Expand General and select Existing Projects into Workspace

5. In the dialogue, uncheck Copy projects into workspace option

6. Select "Select root directory" and browse for the folder you copied into C:\NXP\bstudio_nxp\workspace (step 1)

7. Click on Finish

After this, try building your project. Please, let me know your findings.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos
ffonck96
Contributor II

Hi @EduardoZamora .

I did the precedure as you mentioned and i still have the warning.

By the way the tree of the folder is as following:

workspace/
└── nd007-firmware
    ├── Common
    │   └── Source
    ├── SleepingEndDevice
    │   ├── Build
    │   └── Source
    └── img

I attached a photo with the warning I'm mentioning.

ffonck96_0-1700072502633.png

Regards.

0 Kudos
EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Please, open the Project properties and go to C/C++ General (left side of Properties window) > Paths and Symbols.

EduardoZamora_0-1700082886906.png

In Includes tab, look for the directory that can be causing the duplicate warning (or any other duplicated directories) and try deleting it.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos
ffonck96
Contributor II

Hi @EduardoZamora .

You were right about the duplicate paths. I had like 10 duplicate paths and 3 symbols too.

ffonck96_0-1700141958577.png

Now it can compile without having the duplicate path problem. However, several errors and new warnings are visible.

ffonck96_1-1700142283431.png

I want to know if there's another way to make this work or am i missing something?

Regards!

0 Kudos
EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Could you please confirm that you have followed BeyondStudio for NXP Installation and User Guide, Section 2.1 Creating a Workspace, Step 4 for Workspace preferences configuration?

Also, maybe you can try flushing the indexer; in project's context menu, select Index > Rebuild and Index > Freshen All Files.

EduardoZamora_0-1700149511285.png

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos
ffonck96
Contributor II

Hi @EduardoZamora .

I did your suggest and still have the issue. I just figured it out that BeyondStudio managed to create the .elf/.bin file despite having trouble with errors and warnings. It seems that the IDE lost the references of some variables.

Regards.

0 Kudos
EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Please, take a look at the following post: Beyond Studio Common Errors - NXP Community.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos
ffonck96
Contributor II

hi Eduardo.

I checked the document and didnt find any related Error regarding my problem.

As you mentioned, the project I have wasn't properly copied from another enviroment and maybe there're some configurations messing around.

Also, i haven't downloaded the JenOS plugin, since the only one i found so far was the "ZPS Configuration Editor". Idk if this has an impact in the compilation process.

What gives?

0 Kudos
ffonck96
Contributor II
At the end all ended up being bad code from the author of the code. I really appreciate all the help u gave me.

Regards!