Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLE bond question

Jump to solution
darkblue
Contributor I

Hi Tech Support

I tried BLE bond function in frdmkw36_wireless_examples_bluetooth_ancs_c_freertos. The sdk version is 2.2.10. When I bond device successfully (Got the gConnEvtPairingComplete_c within connection callback and pConnectionEvent->eventData.pairingCompleteEvent.pairingSuccessful is TRUE) . But when I disconnect the device then I can't connect it again except I got BLE_HCI_CONN_FAILED_TO_BE_ESTABLISHED error. Please help, Thx 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Does the following picture correspond to your setup?

EduardoZamora_0-1700166703000.png

Can you provide more details about the application you are using on your central device? Is this application based on any of the BLE demo applications from the KW38 SDK? If so, which one?

Regards,
Eduardo.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @darkblue

Have you modified the base source code of ancs_c demo application? Could you confirm if the same behavior is observed using a clean version (with no modifications) of this demo?

I tested the application using the demo app with no modifications and the reconnection was successful, this was my setup:

• Device: iPhone 12 Pro Max
  • iOS version: 17.1.1
  • KW36 SDK version: 2.2.10

EduardoZamora_0-1700084912295.png

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos
darkblue
Contributor I

Hello @EduardoZamora 

I modified ancs_c a little bit, but didn't touch the BLE bond communication codes I guess.  The first time for bonding is correct, see to below pic.  But when I disconnect and make central to scan the ancs_device again. It just can't find the device . BTW my central is frdmkw38 bluetooth and the version of kw38 SDK is 2.6.212. even though I make kw38 search in the whitelist.

1.png

0 Kudos
EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Does the following picture correspond to your setup?

EduardoZamora_0-1700166703000.png

Can you provide more details about the application you are using on your central device? Is this application based on any of the BLE demo applications from the KW38 SDK? If so, which one?

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos
darkblue
Contributor I

@EduardoZamora 

I think there is something wrong with nvm flash configuration in this sdk. Anyway, I removed all banks and it works now.

0 Kudos