BLE Sleep Mode/ Power Down

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLE Sleep Mode/ Power Down

hbburnha
Contributor I

I'm a bit new to the QN9080-Dk and MCUXpresso and I am trying to create a program that uses very low power. In particular I want the device to be in power down for 10 seconds, then wake up to collect and log data from one of the sensors, then return to power down. Repeat this 6 times then wake up send the data via bluetooth and then repeat the cycle again. 

So my questions are:

How to write the code so that the device wakes up after 10 seconds automatically? 

Can the BLE work in sleep mode?

I realize these might be some complicated questions, but if I can just get some starters or some resources that would be extremely helpful.

Labels (1)
  • QN

0 Kudos
1 Reply

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Hayden,

Could you please take a look at the Bluetooth Low Energy Application Developers Guide (QN9080 SDK folder > docs > wireless > Bluetooth)? In Chapter 10: Low Power Management, you can find information about low-energy, power modes, how to enter low-power and usage examples; also, please check the QN908x Power Consumption Analysis application note, more information on this topic can be found here.

Besides, QN908x User Manual (UM11023) Chapter 5: Power Management Unit (PMU) provides an overview of power related information about QN908x devices. Here you can find information about the wake-up process (5.2.5).

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos