cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

88W8887 disconnects from access point during rekeying

hbabar
Contributor II

Hello,

we are using the 88W8887 WiFi and Bluetooth (link ) module as a wireless station in our yocto project.

The module connects to the access point (AP) but disconnects after 10 mins when the AP requests a group rekeying. A few seconds later our station successfully reconnects to the AP.

We are using wpa_supplicant to connect to the AP. The encryption used by the AP is AES.
The drivers (sd8xxx) are the latest from NXP. Our kernel version is 4.2.

Has anyone else observed this problem or knows what could be the issue ?

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

hbabar
Contributor II

Hello,

the module is from Murata which uses the 88W8887. Host device is our own CPU module based on iMX. 6SoloX running linux kernel 4.2. You can find the drivers and BSP here NXP product website .

I already shared the logs in my earlier post. The logs from the sniffer are quite large (86 MBs) and as far as I can see quite unintelligible.

Regards,
hbabar

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I was not able to locate the module mentioned available, by any chance , is this a custom module ? If that is the case, could you please help me contacting the module maker for further support on the issue ? This is because there might be some specific FW  or driver configurations that will depend on the module maker.

regards

0 Kudos

hbabar
Contributor II

Hello,

the module is LBEQ6ZZ1CL-863 from Murata which uses the 88W8887 chipset.

We are running linux, kernel 4.2, on our system. The driver (sd8xxx) and firmware are the latest from NXP (SD-WLAN-UART-BT-8887-U16-MMC-W15.44.19.p36-15.100.19.p36-C4X15657_A2-MGPL). Attached please find the driver log and wpa_supplicant log with extended debugging and the log from the AP.

Regards

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

Could you please help me with the following information ? Are you using a module from one of our partners or are you working directly with the chip ? Also, which host are you using for your device?  Could you also please help me with the driver and firmware used for this ? Also, could you please share some logs as well as some air logs ?

Regards

0 Kudos