cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kernel and U-boot config when change DDR3 in T1042

mohsenhaghighat
Contributor III

Hi,

I want to design my custom board with T1042 and I use DDR3 chip that have 32 bits data. I use linux that NXP recommended. can anyone explain the procedure of changing in kernel and U-boot? what changes must I do in kernel and U-boot?

thanks

Labels (1)
4 Replies

mohsenhaghighat
Contributor III

I design my custom board with DDR3 that is not same with T1040RDB, and I want to use from T1040RDB SDK. what changes must i set in T1040RDB SDK?

0 Kudos

Bulat
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

T1040RDB uses DDR3 UDIMM. SDK uses UDIMM's SPD for DDR3 configuration. So if you want to use T1040RDB SDK, you need  to use either UDIMM or emulate SPD using a EEPROM.

If you want to use non-SPD initialization, you need to use setup from other boards that do not use SPD. This can be for example P1023RDS. Also you can look at T1023RDB setup, however it uses DDR4 memory.

Regards,

Bulat

Bulat
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

As I understand you are going to move from 64-bit to 32-bit DDR bus. The only difference is DDR_SDRAM_CFG[DBW] field that needs to be 01 for 32-bit case.

All DDR settings are made in uboot only, nothing should be changed in linux.

Regards,

Bulat

mohsenhaghighat
Contributor III

thanks bulat for your help.

I find a pdf file that explain about "Configuring DDR in U-Boot using QCVS" . I think that this configuring is useful when you want to program T1040  like microcontroller with a "C-code" and you cant use from this config when you want to boot linux on T1040.

any body can help me? I make mistake about this config pdf file?

thanks.

0 Kudos