cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDPAA Linux SDK 1.6

bogdantanasa
Contributor II

Hi,

I am using SDK 1.6 and there seems to be a contradiction in the manual (i.e. Freescale SDK 1.6 Document Number: QORIQSDK RevB, Sept 2014) about the use of USDPAA.

I section 9.1.1.3.2.2 there is a paragraph saying that the tree property "fsl, usdpaa-portal" must be used in the device tree to indicate to the kernel that a given portal is to be used by USDPAA. However, later in the document in section 9.1.2.1.3 there is a paragraph saying that for sdk 1.2 and later versions the portals do not need to have the tree property "fsl, usdpaa-portal".

So what I want to ask is do I have to use "fsl, usdpaa-portal" and "cpu-handle" to reserve some portals for USDPAA and declare their affinity or this will be done automatically when invoking b/qman_global_init?

Moreover, I am using a T4240 which has 15 QMAN pool channels. All the applications that are in the usdpaa packet come with defines like NUM_POOL_CHANNELS 4. Why is this the case? There is any way to query the number of pool

channels from application?

PS: I also attach the manual to make it easy.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Bogdan.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Statements in Section 9.1.2.1.3 of the SDK 1.6 Manual shall be trusted,
"fsl, usdpaa-portal" properties are no longer used and don't appear in
the Device Tree source files in newer SDKs . As of pool channels,
which are now allocated by a single allocator in the kernel space,
one (pretty straightforward)method to see how many of them are available is to call
qman_alloc_pool_range() with the count parameter higher than the
value in the "pool-channel-range" property, see what is returned,
deallocate unneeded. See include/usdpaa/fsl_qman.h

Have a great day,
Platon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

bogdantanasa
Contributor II

Does this means that even cpu-handle in the definition of a q/b man portal has been removed or only usdpaa-portal?

/Bog.

0 Kudos

bogdantanasa
Contributor II

Thanks!

Ok .. so contradicting  documentation ... speechless ...

0 Kudos