cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T1042 Power Design

mohsenhaghighat
Contributor III

Hi,

I design a board with T1042 processor, In this board, I must use from MII with 3.3volt power and RGMII with 2.5volt power  for MAC interfaces.In T1042 processor, EC1 use L1VDD power and EC2 use LVDD power. In T1042 datasheet say "Selecting RGMII limits L1VDD and LVDD = 1.8 V or 2.5 V. L1VDD and LVDD should be configured at same voltage."

If I use from 3.3volt for L1VDD and 2.5volt for LVDD, does T1042 work good? What problem maybe occured in T1042 working?

thanks

Labels (1)
1 Reply

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The requirement "1. Selecting RGMII limits L1VDD and LVDD = 1.8 V or 2.5 V. L1VDD and LVDD should be configured at same voltage.", specified in note 1 below Table 3 of T1042 device datasheet, means that both L1VDD and LVDD voltages should be the same, either 1.8V or 2.5V, if any of these interfaces is configured to RGMII, regardless of the fact that another interface is configured to MII.

This requirement was added in revision D of the device datasheet, as per my personal understanring, this is due to internal design of the device.

There is no information, what exaclty will happen with the device, if this requirement is violated, I expect long-term device reliability will be affected or permanent device damage may occur.

Have a great day,
Alexander

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------