In T2080 Processor, where need to place the RCW word in NOR FLash ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In T2080 Processor, where need to place the RCW word in NOR FLash ?

Jump to solution
karunakaranradh
Contributor IV

Integrated Flash Controller (IFC) CS0 of T2080 processor is connected to 256 MB of NOR Flash in our processor board. The reset configuration signal(cfg_rcw_src[0:8]) is configured NOR Flash as Reset configuration word (RCW) source in Power-On Reset(POR) sequence.

If NOR flash is selected as RCW source, Which address is generated by the PBL(Pre Bootloader) to read the RCW data from the NOR Flash?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

When NOR is used as RCW source, RCW must be place at the beginning of NOR flash. Please take a look on Programming a New U-boot, RCW, FMan Microcode, for more information.

Adrian

View solution in original post

6 Replies
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The easy way is to use QCVS\PBL tool which is free of charge. But, you can use also Yocto. For this you should go to \build_t2080rdb\tmp\work\t2080rdb-fsl-linux\rcw\git-r0\git\ and modify the .rcw file and build the new rcw by running the rcw.py script.

Adrian

0 Kudos
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

When NOR is used as RCW source, RCW must be place at the beginning of NOR flash. Please take a look on Programming a New U-boot, RCW, FMan Microcode, for more information.

Adrian

karunakaranradh
Contributor IV

whether Pre Bootloader(PBL) instruct the IFC to generate the address as 0x00000000(32bit) or some other address it will generate to read the RCW data?

In our board, RCW source input signal "cfg_rcw_src[0:8]" is to be configure as 0_0010_0101 (i.e.., 16 bit NOR flash, 4 bit left shift and ALE before CS). In this case, it will read the data from NOR Flash.

0 Kudos
amarnathmb
Contributor III

Hi Karunakaran,

How did you generate RCW.bin file for NOR flash boot?

Regards,

Amarnath

0 Kudos
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

RCW can be taken from SDK build or you can use QCVS\PBL tool for generate one.

Adrian

0 Kudos
amarnathmb
Contributor III

Hi Adrian,

I have a custom board based on t2080rdb and uses NOR flash to boot vxWorks. We have changed RCW configurations to suite our SerDes requirement. Can i generate rcw.bin for my custom rcw.cfg file by using Yocto?

Regards,

Amarnath

0 Kudos