cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sensor Fusion for Kinetis K22F

sunilkumar_sing
Contributor III

Hi,

I purchased FRDMK22 and  9 AXIS Sensor Kit and would like integrate.

I download the library and did't found the package for Kinetis K22F.

Can you please help me out the "What need to be done" and "Way" to integrate it.

Any help and suggestion much be appreciated.

Regards,

Sunil

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies

michaelestanley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sunil,

We don't supply prebuilt projects for every Freedom board.  The standalone sensor fusion kit includes builds for KL25Z, KL26Z, KL46Z, K20D50M and K64F. These serve as examples for other ports.  The porting process is fully described in the user guide that is packaged with the library.  Look for filename docs/XSFLK_UG.pdf.  Alternately, there does appear to be a KDS project bundled with the latest release of the Intelligent Sensing Framework (freescale.com/isf) under "Example Applications/KDSProjects".

Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

sunilkumar_sing
Contributor III

Hi Mike,

I am able to find the way to port sensor fusion for Kinetis K22F.

As of now the  Sensor Fusion library is standalone within MQXlite .

Is there any release of Sensor Fusion library for  KSDK on KDS environment and if not Is there any procedure to do that.

Regards,

Sunil

0 Kudos

michaelestanley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sunil,

Our software team is in the process of porting ISF (the Intelligent Sensing Framework) to KDSK.  That will be ISF 2.2, which should be available in September.  ISF now includes Processor Expert objects for sensor fusion, so you will be able to get KSDK support via that path.  The open source "standalone sensor fusion" does not run on KDSK today.  The major tasks there would be swapping out existing P.E. Logical Device Drivers (LDDs) for their KSDK equivalents.

We are not currently planning to update the existing standalone library to KSDK because a much new and improved library is being written from scratch. I have no release date or license details on that one yet.  

BTW, Some time ago, I wrote a GitHub wiki on the topic of portability for the standalone library.  You can find it https://github.com/memsindustrygroup/Open-Source-Sensor-Fusion/wiki/Portability%20Topics.

Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

sunilkumar_sing
Contributor III

Hi Mike,

Thanks for sharing this information.

I am also implementing it with KSDK and thinking  in this way only.

I have ported the sensor fusion  for Kinetis K22 but still wondering to test it.

I did't found any documentation for testing/configuring with window tool box.

We don't have bluetooth and wifi enabled sensor kit and kinetis board.

Thanks for your help and support!

Regards,

Sunil

0 Kudos

michaelestanley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can test it via OpenSDA cable.  Just make sure that you use the UART associated with the OpenSDA in your P.E. configuration screens.  Then use the Sensor Fusion Toolbox for Windows GUI.  The on-screen image won't match your board, but its movements should.

0 Kudos

sunilkumar_sing
Contributor III

Hi Mike,

We have configured the UART  in PE able to debug the application but able to connect it with window toolbox.

We are doing this exercise on K22F board.

Can you please point us to debug this issue or need to do some specific changes.

Its bit urgent for me let me know if you need more inputs.

Regards,

Sunil

0 Kudos

michaelestanley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sunil,

Are you using UART1 on PTE1:0 in your Processor Expert UART definition?

Have you installed the OpenSDA drivers on your PC?

You don't say which debug interface you are using for your K22F.  Please check out the OpenSDA page at OpenSDA Serial and Debug Adapter|Freescale . If you are using P&E Micro interface, the serial port is not supported.  In which case you need to switch to mbed or Segger.

Let me know if these help.  If not, we'll probably need to set up a phone call.

Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

sunilkumar_sing
Contributor III

Hi Mike,

Yes, I have installed the OpenSDA driver.

After some modification ,I am able to interface sensor board with K22 and able to see the motion in window tool box.

Thanks for this  support!

Regards,

Sunil

0 Kudos

michaelestanley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Fantastic!  I'm glad to hear you are up and running.

Mike

0 Kudos

sunilkumar_sing
Contributor III

Hi Mike,

Thanks for this support!

Next We need to Integrate Sensor Fusion with KSDK 1.2 component instead of KDS.

I know that as of now it is not supported with KSDK but if you can point/guide me something useful related to this project.

I started to work to migrate it and applying component level changes.

Regards,

Sunil

0 Kudos

michaelestanley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sunil,

Unfortunately, I've just reached my level of incompetance :smileyblush:.  I've absolutely no experience myself with KSDK.  My software engineering coworkers are doing that port (I'm primarily systems/algorithms).  I'll ask around, but I suspect that the porting guide I have on the MIG site (URL in an earlier post of this thread) is your best guide.

Mike

0 Kudos

sunilkumar_sing
Contributor III

Hi  Mike,

Thanks for this information !

Regards,

Sunil

0 Kudos