Manchester implementation in NTM88

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manchester implementation in NTM88

israelfelix
Contributor III

Hello everyone! I hope you are all doing well. I'm trying to receive data from the NTM88 sensor with 2FSK modulation and Manchester encoding. However, when I send the data, my receiver can't process the preamble and sync word. Interestingly, when I switch to NRZ encoding, everything works perfectly.

I asked here in the forum if NTM88 encodes the entire message in Manchester or just the payload, and I was informed that it's the entire message. The strange thing is that when I set up my receiver for NRZ, it receives the preamble and sync word, which should be encoded in Manchester. However, it doesn't receive the payload, and I'm struggling to read it.

How is Manchester implemented? Is it via hardware or software? If it's via software, what function is responsible for this?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
Dear Israel, 

please see below an answer to your question from an application engineer I have contacted.

DESCRIPTION

On software side, the application has to enable and configure the RF block, fill the RF buffer using the library function and then trigger the transmission using TPMS_RF_SET_TX, which takes as argument the number of bits to transmit minus 1.

The NTM88 does not distinguish between preamble, sync word and payload. The NTM88 RF block encodes and transmits the content of the RF buffer the way it was configured during RF initialization.

If the receiver is able to receive the first bytes only, make sure that the appropriate number of bits has been passed as argument when calling TPMS_RF_SET_TX.

With Best Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos