MPXHZ6250AC6T1 - 10% fallout

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPXHZ6250AC6T1 - 10% fallout

quezonartates
Contributor I

I'm reading either ground or supply level voltages on the output during board level test. Any Idea what might have caused this? The boards were being built by a third party and tested here at my end.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Quezon,

I do have a few questions to let us start investigating it.

1. Have you tried a simple ABA swap test to make sure it is not a board or soldering issue?

2. Do you have any information about their soldering technology and profile?

3. Have they or you performed any kind of visual inspection of the PCB?

Best regards,

Tomas 

0 Kudos

quezonartates
Contributor I

Hi Tomas,

Yup I did the ABA swap and still failing(Good turns bad and Bad turns good). No information on the reflow profile yet. Is there any reflow profile recommendation for this device ? Cause can’t seem to find it in the datasheet. They have AOI in place but I don’t think this matter as I have done touch up on the boards to make sure that it’s not soldering issue.

Thanks,

Quezon

0 Kudos

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Quezon,

The soldering profile is in accordance with JEDEC standards J-STD-020C as described in the AN3150. The maximum peak temperature during the soldering process should not exceed 250°C for 30 seconds maximum duration.

If it is not a soldering issue, you can initialize a CQI (Customer Quality Incident) request through a distributor you bought the parts from, to further investigate faulty units by our local quality engineers.

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos