cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPR121 Set-up questions

Jump to solution
BobSa
Contributor I

I am using the Adafruit MPR121 12-Key Capacitive Touch Sensor Breakout Board. It is working well with an Arduino Uno R3.

I am attempting to use this Breakout Board with a TI microcontroller, MSP430G2553.  I have established I2C communications with the Breakout Board.

However, I have not been able to determine answers to the following questions:

Assistance with these question, and any suggestions, would be greatly appreciated.

1. What is the correct sequence of registers to be written to initialize the MPR121?
  2. Once the MPR121 has been initialized and is running, when power (VDD) is disconnected are the values written to the initialized registers retained? 

Thank you, Bob

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Bob,

First, let me inform you that the MPR121 is no longer manufactured and supported by NXP.

However, in the attached document you can find the sample code for MPR121 initialization and configuration (pages 15-17).

No, the values written to the initialized registers are not retained when power is disconnected.

Best regards,

Tomas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BobSa
Contributor I

Hi Tomas,

Thanks for your reply, it's very helpful.

Is there a NXP replacement for the MPR121?

Thanks again, Bob

0 Kudos
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Bob,

Unfortunately, there is no replacement for the MPR121 in our portfolio.

We offer software libraries and tools to complement our IEC 61000-4-6 certified and low-cost, capacitive touch solutions for the KE series and LPC804 MCUs:

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/development-software/mcuxpresso-software-and-tools-/touch-sensin...

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos
BobSa
Contributor I

Hi Tomas,

I'll take a look at the capacitive touch solutions for the KE series and LPC804 MCUs.

Thanks, Bob
0 Kudos
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Bob,

First, let me inform you that the MPR121 is no longer manufactured and supported by NXP.

However, in the attached document you can find the sample code for MPR121 initialization and configuration (pages 15-17).

No, the values written to the initialized registers are not retained when power is disconnected.

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos