cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMU seneor (accelerometer)

semiconductor_user
Contributor II

hello,

i have few basic Question regarding accelerometer sensor.

1. accelerometer data coming from imu sensor that is 2's compliment data, so should i receive this data in signed integer or unsigned integer? 

2. i want to know whatever raw data is coming from this sensor resgistors of accelerometer that is mg/LSB or only g ? if it is mg/LSB then how i can covert into g (refer ±2g)?

3. formula of convert g into (-180° to 0 to 180°) ?

please refer below i attached Mechanical characteristics document.

NOTE: consider everything for XYZ axis, and for 1 axis 2 register provoid (e.g Xaxis_H_A ,Xaxis_L_A)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

semiconductor_user
Contributor II

yeah i know but generally i'm asking this Questions,forget for some time about asm330lhh sensor just think i am working with imu sensor and i want to know about above asked Questions finally i'm intract with nxp microcontroller that's why i'm asking here.

0 Kudos

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Hiren,

Please refer to our Sensor Algorithms and Component Libraries to understand how to convert raw accelerometer data to real values in g’s and inclination in degrees.

BR, Tomas

0 Kudos

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Hiren,

Looking at the screenshots, it appears you are using the ASM330LHH from STMicroelectronics. Therefore I would recommend posting these questions on the ST Community.

BR, Tomas

0 Kudos