cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FXLS8962: Multiple sample read using FIFO buffer

Reynir
Contributor I

Hello,

I am using the FRDM-K22F-AGMP03 development board to evaluate the FXLS8962 accelerometer. My intensions were to use a burst read operation to read the FIFO output data buffer and ran into a bug there. First two samples are unique but the following samples are all replica of the second sample. I found more information on the matter in the errata sheet (https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/errata/ES_FXLS8962AF.pdf).

I have two questions on the matter:

- I did not fully understand how to implement the workaround 2, are there any tips or examples where this method is implemented.

-   I'm also interested to know if the FXLS8964 and FXLS8974 have/will have this issue.

Thanks, 

Reynir

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

JackITB
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Reynir,
The FIFO bug has been fully fixed on FXLS8964/74 so they will allow "large burst read" operation to collect all samples in a single transaction.

Regards, Jacques.

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Reynir,

The workaround recommends to read 6 bytes starting from register 0x0C (BUF_X_LSB) in one I2C burst read command:

Capture.JPG

This way you read out one sample of X, Y, Z-axis output data from the FIFO. This sequence needs to be repeated for all samples in the FIFO.

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos

PinkMagpie
Contributor I

Good Blog for sharing the experience and knowledge

greatpeople me

0 Kudos

PinkMagpie
Contributor I

Your information is very interesting. Thank you for sharing.

0 Kudos