cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SE05x middleware yocto bitbake recipe

APridy
Contributor I

Hello.

I am trying to install se05x middleware on IMX8 via yocto.
In SE05x-MW-v04.03.01.zip (found on product page) there is a bitbake recipe: 
/simw-top/scripts/yocto/v03.01.00/se05x_3.1.0.bb
Which seems to be outdated by one major mw version and contains deprecated syntax.

But, there is this topic where user ajitsj3 claims to have more up to date se05x_04.01.03.bb file.

So the question is:
Could you share to me this newer bitbake recipe?

Thank you,
APridy

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

TomL1
Contributor I

Hi, found this topic a few weeks ago while having the same issues.

Since I didn't find the answer yet, I have decided to add my solution for future reference for other people that might have the same issue.
I have resolved this by editing a recipe based on the work of Ettore Chimenti & Tommaso Merciai (foudn on Github https://github.com/Scott31393/recipes-se050/blob/main/se050/se050x.bb ).
Please find the recipe that I use to build for Yocto (nxp-imx/mickledore-6.1.22-2.0.0).

I extract this to my own meta layer and add the "SE-PLUG-TRUST-MW.zip" (renamed zip file from original SE05x-MW-v04.03.01.zip) to the files directory.

Maybe this is helpfull, I have got it to work like this, target was the IMX6UL.

Kind regards, 

Tom

0 Kudos

bboozzoo
Contributor I

The recipe provided in the middleware package is completely broken and useless in the context of a product. I'm afraid you will have to write your own recipe from scratch, ideally splitting the libraries into -dev or -staticdev packages and examples into a separate package. If you need the Python code as well, it builds/packages just fine with the setuptools3 bbclass.

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @APridy ,

Actually the recipe is similar across different versions, what you have to do is updating the part indicating the version info.  Please kindly refer to the recipe file or the following for details.

Kan_Li_1-1680167815033.png

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

APridy
Contributor I

Hi @Kan_Li ,

Before starting this topic, i have already changed se05x_mw_v03.01.00 to actual version, but recipe still generated a bunch of errors.
Below are error messages that i received while trying to make this recipe work:
(in chronological order)
1) Parsing error

1.png

Fixed by changing do_install_append -> do_install:append

2) Parsing error

2.png

Fixed by removing "python" from DEPENDS (python3 remains)

3) do_configure error

3.png

Fixed by adding PTMW to listed cmake arguments

4) do_compile error

4.png

Fixed by removing all instances of -Wformat_security from original middleware archive 
(this was suggested to someone with similar problem on nxp forum)

5) do_compile error

5.png

Here for some reason it tried to compile source code for windows machines (despite -DHost=iMXLinux in cmake call).
At this moment i decided that something is seriously wrong with this recipe and went to nxp forums, where i found mentions of newer se05x_04.01.03.bb file (see my original post).

First three errors occured because of deprecated syntax, and fourth because of latest version of gcc (something changed about -Wformat_security).
Are you sure that /simw-top/scripts/yocto/v03.01.00/se05x_3.1.0.bb is the newest version of yocto recipe? 

Regards,
APridy

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @APridy ,

Yes, I have verified this before with some modification as indicated in the recipe, but I was using the branch of imx-linux-zeus, not sure if that is also your case, please kindly clarify. 

You may refer to "simw-top/doc/dev-platforms/platform_imx8_linux.html" for more details.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos