cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SE05x: Installing ssscli application on target is failing

Manjunath1207
Contributor I

hi , 

I have integrated the se05x package onto our yocto build environment with latest plug and trust middleware for se05x downloaded from nxp website.

i am trying install ssscli application on imx6 target with the recipe: se05x_04.01.03.bb

the pkg_postinst_ontarget_ is not installing ssscli application with pycli setup which is supposed to run on first boot. I found that it is because my rootfs was mounted read only, later i had to remount it as read-write to make this setup to run successfully and install ssscli  application, 

Is there any configuration i need to try in order to install pycli with rootfs mounted as read-only in its first boot, or any suggestion on how to achieve other then pkg_postinst_ontarget_ function will also be helpful.

Below is the pkg_postinst_ontarget_ function which is being used for the operation.

# Package directory hardcoded: [Update value]

# *******************************************

pkg_postinst_ontarget_${PN} () {
#!/bin/sh
ldconfig $D/usr/local/lib
cd $D/home/root/${NXP-PLUG-TRUST-MW}/simw-top/pycli/src
python3 setup.py develop
pip3 install -e .

}

We have also used the latest plug and trust middleware with version "v04.02.00_20220701_151557".

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Manjunath1207 ,

The ssscli typically is used on development systems, I would less expect it to be used on production systems. and if post installation has some issue due to the read only rootfs, you may alternatively do it without the post installation step via calling ssscli directly as a python script: 

pi@raspi4-2GB:~/release $ python3 04.01.00/simw-top/pycli/src/pySSSCLI.py

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------