GO no GO test on SE050

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GO no GO test on SE050

Bar
Contributor I

Hello I am new with the SE050 and I have some questions.

1. I am not quit understand what is the roll of the SE050 in the authentication word. Is it made the private key, public key, the security key from both of them or it encrypt/decrypt messages it get or all of that?

2. At this point I just want to check the I2C link between my MCU (STM32L) to the SE050.

For that I want to send hello message and get ack. But I didn't find any command do it for the SE050.

So I decide to use the version or the timestamp command, but still some wondering about the message.

As per APDU protocol there is the CLA, INS, P1,P2 Lc,Le, where Lc is the length of send message and Le is the length of expect data receive.

But in 

Hello I am new with the SE050 and I have some questions.

1. I am not quit understand what is the roll of the SE050 in the authentication word. Is it made the private key, public key, the security key from both of them or it encrypt/decrypt messages it get or all of that?

2. At this point I just want to check the I2C link between my MCU (STM32L) to the SE050.

For that I want to send hello message and get ack. But I didn't find any command do it for the SE050.

So I decide to use the version or the timestamp command, but still some wondering about the message.

As per APDU protocol there is the CLA, INS, P1,P2 Lc,Le, where Lc is the length of send message and Le is the length of expect data receive.

But as i look in article AN12413 SE050 APDU Specification

for 4.19.1 GetVersion 

Lc - #(Payload) what it mean, if there no data send?

Le- 0x0B (11 bytes) the response is only 7 bytes?

The some for 4.19.2 GetTimestamp

Lc - #(Payload)  what it mean, if there no data send?

Le- 0x14 (20 bytes) the response is only 12 bytes?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Bar ,

Please kindly have my comments as below:

- SE050 supports all of that but not limited to.

2. SE050 IoT applet defines APDUs according to ISO7816-4 APDU message format, please kindly refer to https://www.iso.org/standard/54550.html for more details.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

Bar
Contributor I
Thanks.
Is there a general article (even long) that explain all the feature of this device include examples?
About issue 2. I read a lot about this standard, but it is all general. I want someone explicitly, show what to write in those 2 commands( VersionInfo, timestamp).
0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Bar ,

There is a user guide line for this device and you may have it from the following link:

https://www.nxp.com.cn/docs/en/application-note/AN13483.pdf .

and if you download the latest MW for SE050 from https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=SE05x-PLUG-TRUST-MW&appType=license , you may know more about the examples for this device , referring to the docs in simw-top\doc\index.html. In the MW, a demo of "write APDU to buffer" is available, and you may use it to print APDU commands such as GetVersion into a buffer. Please refer to "simw-top/doc/appendix/apdu_write_to_buffer.html" for more details.

Hope that makes sense,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos