FIPS 140-3 Artifacts for A71CH?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIPS 140-3 Artifacts for A71CH?

michael_d_adams
Contributor I

The A71CH does not show up in the FIPS databases as having gone through a FIPS 140-2 or FIPS 140-3 certification.  Is that true?  Are there any artifacts available to assist with such a certification.  We will happily work under terms of NDA with NXP proper for such artifacts.  Some areas of concern are characterizing the entropy source, algorithm validation, etc.  Thoughts? 

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @michael_d_adams ,

I am sorry, but A71CH is not FIPS certified,  only SE050F & SE051F are . Please kindly refer to the following links for details.

https://www.nxp.com/products/security-and-authentication/authentication/edgelock-se051-proven-easy-t...

https://www.nxp.com/products/security-and-authentication/authentication/edgelock-se050-plug-trust-se...

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

michael_d_adams
Contributor I

I am reaching out to NXP about this issue.  This answer makes this chip virtually worthless for use in its desired market.

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @michael_d_adams ,

Actually the hardware between A71CH and S05x is hugely different, there are a lot of efforts as well as the costs to get it FTPS certificated, and if you would like to work with NXP to get it certificated, I may help to check with our sales if NXP supports such kind of action.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

michael_d_adams
Contributor I

I understand that these other products are certified, but we have the A71CH designed in to our hardware.  What I guess I'm now asking is what it would take to work with NXP to help take the internals of the A71CH design forward to FIPS for review and understanding so that the A71CH can also receive a certification.  It would seem like this would be a huge benefit to NXP since many of your customers that have designed in the A71 would benefit from being added to the FIPS approved device lists. 

Some things that would help with this are answering some questions like the following:

Is the TRNG used in the SE050 and SE051 the same as what is used in the A71CH?  Are the algorithms for crypto based in the same code pedigree?  Can we execute an NDA with NXP to work together on this.  We already have an NDA that might be easily extended.  Thoughts?  I'd be happy to take a phone call about these things.

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @michael_d_adams ,

So far I haven't heard any plan for FIPS on A71CH, but do you mean you would like to do it ?

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos