cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A71CH Could not establish communication protocol

chengxuan
Contributor I

Hello,

My device USES IMX6ULL to connect to the A71CH.Run ~ / axHostSw/hostLib/embSeEngine/a71chDemo/scripts/a71chPrepareEcc sh, appear the error, the LOG is as follows:

A71CH Key provisioning script (Rev.0.9).
Executing this script will create new keys and insert these keys
in the attached A71CH secure element.
Are you sure? [y/N] y
Continuing
GNU/Linux
Assume we run on Linux
>> openssl ecparam -name prime256v1 -out ../ecc/prime256v1.pem

>> openssl ecparam -in ../ecc/prime256v1.pem -genkey -noout -out ../ecc/ecc_key_kp_0.pem

>> openssl ec -in ../ecc/ecc_key_kp_0.pem -pubout -out ../ecc/ecc_key_kp_pubonly_0.pem
read EC key
writing EC key

>> openssl ecparam -in ../ecc/prime256v1.pem -genkey -noout -out ../ecc/ecc_key_kp_1.pem

>> openssl ec -in ../ecc/ecc_key_kp_1.pem -pubout -out ../ecc/ecc_key_kp_pubonly_1.pem
read EC key
writing EC key

>> openssl ecparam -in ../ecc/prime256v1.pem -genkey -noout -out ../ecc/ecc_key_kp_2.pem

>> openssl ec -in ../ecc/ecc_key_kp_2.pem -pubout -out ../ecc/ecc_key_kp_pubonly_2.pem
read EC key
writing EC key

>> openssl ecparam -in ../ecc/prime256v1.pem -genkey -noout -out ../ecc/ecc_key_kp_3.pem

>> openssl ec -in ../ecc/ecc_key_kp_3.pem -pubout -out ../ecc/ecc_key_kp_pubonly_3.pem
read EC key
writing EC key

>> openssl ecparam -in ../ecc/prime256v1.pem -genkey -noout -out ../ecc/ecc_key_pub_0.pem

>> openssl ec -in ../ecc/ecc_key_pub_0.pem -pubout -out ../ecc/ecc_key_pub_pubonly_0.pem
read EC key
writing EC key

>> openssl ecparam -in ../ecc/prime256v1.pem -genkey -noout -out ../ecc/ecc_key_pub_1.pem

>> openssl ecparam -in ../ecc/prime256v1.pem -genkey -noout -out ../ecc/ecc_key_pub_2.pem

>> openssl ecparam -in ../ecc/prime256v1.pem -genkey -noout -out ../ecc/remote_ecc_kp.pem

>> ../../../../linux/a71chConfig_i2c_imx debug reset
a71chConfig (Rev 1.20) .. connect to A71CH. Chunksize at link layer = 256.
I2CInit: opening /dev/i2c-1
I2C driver: PEC flag cleared
I2C driver supports plain i2c-level commands.
I2C driver supports Read Block.
Error: Failed to retrieve ready status.
sci2c_Init failed 2
SM_Connect failed with status 0x7013 (Could not establish communication protocol)

==========SELECT-FAILED=========
Select failed. SW = 0x0005
"../../../../linux/a71chConfig_i2c_imx debug reset" failed to run successfully, returned 12

Cloud you help me?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Cheng,

Are you using the kit of OM3710/A71CHARD with MCIMX6UL-EVKB? Please kindly clarify. Thanks for your patience!

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

chengxuan
Contributor I

Hi Kan:

Thank you for your reply.

I don't use OM3710/A71CHARD with MCIMX6UL-EVKB. My device base on imx6ull-14x14-evk and A71CH connect to imx6ull via I2C4(ENET2_TX_DATA0 and ENET2_RX_EN). 

And,I have configure I2C4 in the device tree.like following:

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

And then,I change the axHost/hostlib/platform/imx/i2c_a7.c line 39 "/dev/i2c-1" to "/dev/i2c-3". Run buildA71CH.sh all and put into my device.

I2C init will be failed, when I run axHostSw/linux/A71CH_i2c_imx, like the following:

pastedImage_4.png

So,I don't know why I2C failed to initialize. Is there an error in my device tree configuration?Where can I find any I2C example in device tree of imx6ull?  

0 Kudos

nd88
Contributor II

how did you solve this issue?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

chengxuan
Contributor I

Hi,

It works now,thank you for you help.

0 Kudos

Kan_Li