is there any particular bit or the register where i can feed the value or the count for dead time?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there any particular bit or the register where i can feed the value or the count for dead time?

akshay_ahale
Contributor I

hey i am using s32k144 100 dip board for dc dc converter.

i need to generate the pwm of 100khz of 50% duty cycle. but there i am taking some deadtime; using DETEN register.

can anyone help me how can i feed the value or the count of that deadtime for the pair of the channels.

is there any particular bit or the register where i can feed the value or the count for deadtime or it has some other method ? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi akshay.ahale@bharatforge.com,

I believe this is explained in Section 45.5.16 Deadtime insertion and 45.5.16.1 Separated Deadtime by Pair of Channels, RM rev.11.
You can refer to AN5303 Features and Operation Modes of FlexTimer Module on S32K.

3.3. Complementary mode and dead-time insertion
3.4. Combine mode

BR, Daniel

0 Kudos

akshay_ahale
Contributor I

Thank you Mr. Daniel ?Martynek...i have gone throuhgh this section already but i was litle bit confused that whether should i used this bits and can i use different deadtime for different channels?

Thanks for your reply !

0 Kudos

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Akshay,

If you enable the deadtime insertion on some pairs in complementary mode (COMBINE_DTENn), you can use a single deadtime value for all the pairs (DEADTIME register) or specify a specific deadtime value for each pair (PAIRnDEADTIME registers).
Please note that:

pastedImage_1.png

Regards,
Daniel

0 Kudos