Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emios _pwm

Jump to solution
Ayaz
Contributor III

Hi

I am using the example code for emios_pwm to get a pwm output at 400KHz.

configuration :

emios clock = 160MHz

pwm mode : OPWMB

the formular :

Ayaz_1-1710415581159.png

I conducted a lab test to measure the (PWM) output on an oscilloscope. The problem I'm having is that the delta frequency between the expected PWM output and the PWM output on the oscilloscope increases over 11 kHz, reaching 1000 kHz difference  at 400 kHz. 

what do i miss here ?

I am using s32k344 evaluation board.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Note: Clock prescaler(Internal Prescaler) Will only have an effect in OPWFMB and OPMCB modes.(Shown in S32 Configuration Tool). If OPWMB mode is selected, only global prescaler(Master Bus Prescaler) is active by using S32CT.

Clock prescaler Will only have an effect in OPWFMB and OPMCB modes.png

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Salomi
Contributor I

Hi @Robin_Shen ,

I am trying to generate the PWN frequency using EMIOS_pwm for two sets Set '0' ( TOH - 0.4ns,TOL - 0.85ns) and Set '1' (T1H - 0.8ns,T1L - 0.45ns )which is given below,

Salomi_1-1713166137827.png

Salomi_2-1713166137918.png

Note: Using the following pattern ,to control the LED strip (WS2812B).

Core_CLk - 160MHz ,  EMIOS_0_CH17 , Mode: OPWMB , Counter Bus : A

kindly help me .

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Note: Clock prescaler(Internal Prescaler) Will only have an effect in OPWFMB and OPMCB modes.(Shown in S32 Configuration Tool). If OPWMB mode is selected, only global prescaler(Master Bus Prescaler) is active by using S32CT.

Clock prescaler Will only have an effect in OPWFMB and OPMCB modes.png

Best Regards,
Robin
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos