Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing pin mode not supported by safety implementation

Jump to solution
sobo
Contributor III

Hello,

In the RTD port driver user manual , for the Parameter PortPinModeChangeable , the document says : 

The function for changing the pin modes is not supported by the safety implementation

What does it means exactly ?

We have to communicate on SPI with an ADBMS 6832, we need to generate a pulse on chip select before transmission. like for the LTC6813 and the solution here:  : https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32K/Unknown-State-changes-issue-in-SPI-When-we-used-Required-Pins/m-p/...  use the port changing mode fonction but we developed a product SW/HW with safety constraint so i wonder what are the safety constraint that forbid the use of pin change mode.

thank you

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
nxf78987
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @sobo,

After the development team analyzed this ticket. They decided this sentence "The function for changing the pin modes is not supported by the safety implementation" should be removed out of UM file.

Best regards,

Dan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
nxf78987
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @sobo,

I created a ticket (ARTD-66345) regarding this content in the UM file.

The development team will help me analyze this ticket.

I'm going to inform you when they analyze it completely.

Best regards,

Dan

0 Kudos
sobo
Contributor III

ok, thank you

0 Kudos
nxf78987
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @sobo,

After the development team analyzed this ticket. They decided this sentence "The function for changing the pin modes is not supported by the safety implementation" should be removed out of UM file.

Best regards,

Dan

0 Kudos