Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watchdog timer for s32k116

Jump to solution
Pavani
Contributor I

Hello,

I am working on S32k116 watchdog timer. I need 1second timeout for watchdog. so I am configuring it as shown in the image below. When I am disabling prescaler everything is working fine like LIN communication. But when I am enabling prescaler (which is needed to get 1second timeout) I am getting issue. Issue is-> unable to see LIN signal status once I stop the LIN schedule table and run it again. Please let me know where I am wrong. Also, I am refreshing watchdog in 1ms timer.

wdog.PNG

Thankyou.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Pavani,

With LPO 128KHz and the /256 prescaler enabled, one WDOG clock cycle period is 2ms. But you refreshing watchdog in 1ms timer. Please don't refresh the watchdog so frequently.

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Pavani,

With LPO 128KHz and the /256 prescaler enabled, one WDOG clock cycle period is 2ms. But you refreshing watchdog in 1ms timer. Please don't refresh the watchdog so frequently.

Best Regards,
Robin
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
Pavani
Contributor I

Hello Robin,

First of all thanks for your quick response. I have applied what you said and now I can see LIN signals updating. I am refreshing watchdog for every 100ms now. But what I have observed is my LIN signals are updating with a delay of 2seconds. After connecting LIN after 2seconds I can see the signals (which shouldn't be like that). And after wakeup also LIN signals are updating with delay. Here my ECU is slave. On master side LIN signals are updated with delay.  Awaiting your response. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

There are some LIN examples in SDK. Have you try to test?
I don't understand why your LIN (LPUART) is associated with the watchdog. Have you checked the program logic?

0 Kudos