Wake up S32K1xx from VLPS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wake up S32K1xx from VLPS

lgopal
Contributor I

Hi, I am working on the S32K142EVB-Q100 development kit and wish to find sample code to wake up the controller from VLPS using CAN. Please guide me to the link if there exits one. I downloaded the S32 Design Studio for ARM but I am unable to find it in there. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi lgopal@sewsus.com,
The FlexCAN module is not a wake-up source from VLPS (7.3.1 Wake-up sources, RM rev.11).
But PORT interrupts are functional in all digital pin muxing modes including CAN_RX (12.6.1 Pin Control Register n (PORT_PCRn)).
The SDK power_mode_switch_s32k142 example utilizes port interrupt as a wake-up source from VLPS.

Regards,
Daniel

0 Kudos

lgopal
Contributor I

I have a question regarding wakeup of S32K1xx micro controller from STOP1/STOP2 modes. Please correct if I have misunderstood the following:

1. PNET the only mode to receive messages in STOP1/STOP2 mode.
  2. In VLPS mode, CAN/CAN-FD is not functional at all.
  3. I am trying to wake up the controller when in STOP1/STOP2 mode using CAN-FD messages.

Section 53.5.5 Receive process under Pretended Networking mode of reference manual, it is mentioned that Wakeup functionality is not

available for messages in CAN FD format.

Does this mean that only method to wake up the controller from DEEPSLEEP modes (STOP1/STOP2) using CAN messages is to use a standard CAN frame format and not use CAN-FD?

If the controller is placed on a CAN-FD network, and has entered STOP1/STOP2 mode, is there any possibility that the CAN-FD message can be used to wake up the controller?

Can we still wakeup the micro controller just by the IDE (considering that the IDE field comes before the bits where it distinguishes between a Standard CAN v/s CAN-FD format)? I am not sure how and where is the receiving data frame handled and rejected upon frame mismatch.

I would appreciate if we could get your reply in understanding the above questions as soon as possible.

0 Kudos

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The exact mechanism is not specified but the reference manual clearly states that

"Wakeup functionality is not available for messages in CAN FD format. When in Pretended Networking mode, CAN FD format messages are ignored." (53.5.5, RM rev.11).

BR, Daniel

0 Kudos