cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VDD Dipping While Connecting Debugger

hemanths
Contributor III

Hi,

I'm using S32K311 for my embedded project. The microcontroller is powered using 3.3V. I am observing some dip in the 3.3V power supply line (VDD) when the board is connected to the PE Micro USB Multilink Universal debugger using a JTAG. Due to this voltage dip, the microcontroller is resetting. The capacitors recommended in the datasheets were kept in the VDD power supply line near the microcontroller.  

I am attaching the image of the issue for your reference. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi 

Please download Multilink Universal/Universal FX Technical Summary  Does the S32K3 debugger interface match Multilink Universal and Multilink Universal FX Pinouts - Ports A-H?

FX Note: The USB Multilink Universal FX is capable of providing power (5V or 3.3V) directly to the target processor via the TVCC pin. This removes the need for an external power supply for systems requiring 200mA of current or less. The TVCC pin should be connected even in cases when the target is self-powered.   

If you use Multilink FX to power the S32K3 please note that the voltage should be 3.3v, but usually you should not need this feature.

7 Connecting To The Target
The following is the proper connection sequence to connect the PC to the target system via the Multilink interface:
1. Make sure the target power is OFF and the USB Multilink Universal or Universal FX is not connected to either the target or the PC
2. Open the Multilink and connect a ribbon cable from the correct Multilink port to the target. Make sure that the ribbon cable is plugged into the target with the proper orientation. PIN 1 is indicated by a 1 next to the port.
3. Connect the Multilink to the PC via a USB cable. The Blue LED on the Multilink should illuminate.
4. Turn the target power on. The Yellow LED on the Multilink should illuminate.
Before disconnecting the setup, turn the target power off.

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos