Spi_flash

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spi_flash

intern_praveena
Contributor II

Hi, I am using S32K!44_LQ64 , I m new to the topic SPI FLASH.SO i want know to how to read a device number in simple.anyone help me to code ???

0 Kudos
3 Replies

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Praveena F

Unfortunately, this is dependent of the memory that you use, normally the SPI memory includes different commands and timings for reading and writes operations, but as mentioned, they are using different commands which are listed in the datasheet of the memory.

You can create your code using the SDK example of the Master_SPI as a base. Just for give an example, the Micron M25P80 Serial Flash need a command of one byte with 0x9F at address 0 for READ IDENTIFICATION.

Hope this information could help you
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

intern_praveena
Contributor II

I can't get it.Just i want to read device id.can u make some example code for me???

0 Kudos

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Praveena F

As I mentioned in my previous post, this is a very memory dependent implementation, I don't have the memory that you are using, so I couldn't test the code for you. But you can check the example code in the SDK, there is an example for SPI_master transfer, you can check what is send and read, and according to your memory, send the command to read the device ID.

If you have any problem with the example code or the implementation, I would glad to help you.

Regards

Jorge Alcala

0 Kudos