Seeking Assistance with Updating Firmware Using UART Bootloader and .bin File using attached project

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking Assistance with Updating Firmware Using UART Bootloader and .bin File using attached project

baseerahmadpiracha
Contributor III

Hello NXP Members,

I am currently working on updating the firmware of an S32K144 microcontroller using a UART bootloader with a .bin file. I have been using the attached project as a reference, but I am facing difficulties in understanding the firmware update process and how to apply it to my application.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could provide me with a brief explanation of the overall flow of the project and guide me through the steps involved in updating the firmware using the provided project. Specifically, I am looking for assistance in understanding:

1. The main functionality and purpose of the project files, such as main.c, pc_communication.h, and bootloader.h.
  2. How to establish the communication between the microcontroller and a PC using UART.
  3. The process of uploading the .bin firmware file to the microcontroller using the bootloader.
  4. Verifying the firmware update and ensuring its successful execution.

Any insights, explanations, or step-by-step instructions would be greatly appreciated. Additionally, if there are any specific resources or documentation that could assist me in understanding the project better, please do let me know.

Thank you in advance for your support and guidance. I am eager to learn and successfully update the firmware of my S32K144 microcontroller.

Best regards,
Baseer

0 Kudos
2 Replies

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @baseerahmadpiracha 

We have available two applications notes and their respective software that could be useful for you.

Please take a look at the below links:

S32K1xx Firmware updatesAN12323SW: Application note software for AN12323

S32K1xx BootloaderAN12218SW, Application note software for AN12218

B.R.

VaneB

0 Kudos

baseerahmadpiracha
Contributor III

Hi @VaneB 

I have already tried to use these examples so I am not using these examples. I am trying to used the attached example for updating the firmware. Can you help with the attached example.

0 Kudos