cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPI as Slave in synchronous mode in S32K

Guna
Contributor I

Hello everyone,

I have a query. I wanted to test SPI is working or not. So, I configured one of our boards as slave and another same board as master. But while configuring I encountered a problem in EBTresos saying Slave can only work in asynchronous transmission. So, I configured slave in Asynchronous mode. Please note that master is our main board it has to be synchronous mode and we configured slave to just test the master.

Two queries: -

1. Can we configure LPSPI as slave in synchronous mode? 

2. If not, then if we connect master and slave together--will it work(as the parameters are same only in master and slave, i only changed SpiPhyUnitMode from master to Slave and Unchecked SpiPhyUnitSync in Slave side)?

We are using S32K3 Real-Time Drivers AUTOSAR 4.4 & R21-11 Version 3.0.0.

N.B refer image attached for reference.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Guna,

The synchronous mode is a blocking mode, so this is not usable as it would block the core until the master would initiate the transfer.

If you use RTD 3.0.0, there is already an S32K344 example that utilizes both Master and Slave in one project.

The SPI Slave is FlexIO emulated, but since you want to just test the Master, this should be enough.

PlatformSDK_S32K3\RTD\Spi_TS_T40D34M30I0R0\examples\EBT\S32K3XX\Spi_Transfer_S32K344\

danielmartynek_7-1714051401587.png

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos

Guna
Contributor I

Whether LPSPI as slave in asynchronous mode will work? and any interrupt is needed for SPI slave to work?

0 Kudos

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Guna,

Yes, the LPSPI Slave will work in the asynchronous mode, interrupts are managed by the driver.

Regadrs,

Daniel

0 Kudos