SPD eMcem Init

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPD eMcem Init

WeiC
Contributor I

I am using S32K344 to run SPD demo V1.0.4. I found that the first calling eMcem_Init fuction always fail, what's the problem? It seems that Could not acquire exclusiveaccess to FCCU.WeiC_0-1721811369865.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies

RadoslavB
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @WeiC,

the diagnostic info implies that there is some FCCU fault pending before eMcem init and it's not possible to clear the fault. Therefore, it's some permanent fault where we need to find the root cause (might be wrong HW setup, lockstep error etc.).

Please could you share screenshot with FCCU status registers - NCF_S[].
Also please try to investigate when the fault occurred, if it's right in the beginning of startup after reset, or after some memory init in the startup, after some RTD init function etc.

Kind Regards,
Radoslav

0 Kudos

WeiC
Contributor I

before and after:

WeiC_0-1721978988593.png

0 Kudos

RadoslavB
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

OK, so it's Lockstep error, for specific root cause please share also DCMROD3, DCMROD4 and DCMROD8 register values.

Are you using Lauterbach or another debugger?
Is it happening only after POR or external reset or even after SW functional reset?

Kind Regards,
Radoslav

0 Kudos

WeiC
Contributor I

WeiC_0-1721981790654.png

PE DEBUGER

0 Kudos

RadoslavB
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This RCCU error is most likely caused by the debugger. AFAIK the debugger disables the RCCU functionality after attaching to the core, causing those FCCU errors.

For Lauterbach I have tested working workaround to force functional reset and then attach to the core using Trace32 commands.

For PE Micro I can't test, but here is advice I have received:
Customer need to download firmware first. Then press reset button. 
Then reconnect PE debugger with attach option: uncheck "Load Executable", and check "Attach to Running Target" in the debug configuration "Startup" tab.

Please let me know if that solution works for you.

Kind Regards,
Radoslav

0 Kudos