S32k312 Flexcan2 issue

Dev15
Contributor III

Hi @Dinesh_Guleria ,

I'm working on the Evaluation board - S32K312EVB-Q172

I have configured FLEXCAN 2 with external SBC board

PTC17 - CAN2_Tx

PTC16 - CAN2_Rx

It is not working as expected. I have taken DMA example code as a reference and configured.

Please guide here 

Thank you,

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Are you referring to this Example S32K312 CAN Transmit & Receive Using MB & FIFO DMA DS3.5 RTD300?

How is the S32K312EVB-Q172 connected to the external SBC board? Please provide a schematic.
Have you enabled the CAN transceiver function of the SBC? What is the part number of the SBC?

Try to disconnect CAN2 from transceiver and connect just MCU's TX/RX pins together and send a message. You should see CAN message transmitted still. This way you check if pins are properly configured. If there is no message visible, then you can have wrong CAN module pins initialization.

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Dev15
Contributor III

@Robin_Shen ,

you are correct. This is the example code taken and configured.

I'm using TI's TCAN1167 board as a external SBC. The part number is TCAN1167-Q1. It is enabled successfully and the same also verified. We are writing value 7 to MODE_CTRL register of SBC, this will set to Normal mode.

The connections are as below,

PTC 16 - CAN Rx pin from MCU connected to SBC Rx

PTC 17 - CAN Tx pin from MCU connected to SBC Tx

CAN H & CAN L to CAN tool

Apart form these, spi lines (SDO, SDI, cs, clk) are connected to the SBC board from MCU.

Dev15_0-1720178289927.png

Thank you

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

How do you verify that the CAN transceiver function of the external SBC is configured correctly?
Have you tried connecting the CAN0_TX and CAN0_RX signals of the example to the TCAN1167EVM board? (You can select other CAN0 function pins in the Pins Tool and connect the signals to the TCAN1167EVM).

Try to disconnect CAN2 from transceiver and connect just MCU's TX/RX pins together and send a message. Did you see CAN message transmitted?

Check if PTC17 - CAN2_Tx and PTC16 - CAN2_Rx are configured in Pins Tool.
Check if CAN2 settings in Peripherals Tool are configured: Dma_Ip\FlexCAN\IntCtrl_Ip and MCAL component Rm .

0 Kudos

Dev15
Contributor III

@Robin_Shen ,

Thank you. It is working fine now. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos