cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32k311 HSE demo app not compiling

Dinesh_S14
Contributor II

Hello Team,

I have downloaded the S32 design studio version 3.5, s32k3xx development package version 3.5.0 RTM and HSE firmware 2.14.0 EAR. I have imported the project as per instructions on the demo app readme file but I don't the folder structure as visible on the screenshots and also I'm not able to build both the demo app and secure boot app. The demo app does not have any build configuration to start the build Dinesh_S14_0-1687417739134.png

and the secure boot app fails with error undefined reference multiple functions with one of them being main

Dinesh_S14_1-1687417878652.png

Also, the source code is not visible in the project workspace. Could anyone please help me in understanding the issue and resolving it.

Thanks,

Dinesh

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Dinesh_S14
Contributor II

Hi @lukaszadrapa ,

I was trying to install the S32 design studio version 3.4 from this link: https://nxp.flexnetoperations.com/control/frse/download?element=12367547

I had used the license key present in the above respective download folder i.e. 9Cxx-xxxx-xxxx-xx09 and had used during installation for online activation but the activation kept failing asking me to return some keys as shown in the below screenshot

Dinesh_S14_0-1687775974556.png

Without this I'm unable to proceed with the installation and further testing the HSE demo application. I tried uninstalling S32 DS v3.5 and restarted my laptop. Still did not work. Could you please let me know if there is something else I need to try?

Also, would like to know whether the same the HSE firmware can be used for secure boot and final application software update with CAN and other features? If not, this effort might not be useful for me.

Thanks,

Dinesh

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @jiri_kral

could you please help with the S32DS installation? See please the post above.

@Dinesh_S14 

Yes, HSE FW can be used for secure boot and for application update.

0 Kudos

Dinesh_S14
Contributor II

Hi @lukaszadrapa ,

Thanks for the confirmation. I'm discussing with jiri_kral using private message for installation issue.

I would like to understand if there are any links to documents, training videos, source codes or repository which briefs me about the peripheral driver libraries that can be used to perform the application software update using some peripherals. Kindly, help to share the same if any.

As I have found the S32K3X1_HSE_Service_API_Reference_Manual.pdf which exposes only the HSE related services. Please let me know if I need to discuss this further via different post which I already created https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32K/S32K3xx-software-package-to-perform-both-HSE-and-software-update/t... 

Thanks,

Dinesh

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

In addition to my post in the second thread, there are some trainings for RTD in Documentation section:

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/automotive-software-and-tools/real-time-drivers-rtd:AUTOMOTIVE-R...

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

Dinesh_S14
Contributor II

Hi @lukaszadrapa ,

Sure. I'll go through the same.

Hi @jiri_kral ,

I tried using the license key you had shared with my installation but it is failing to install with a different error message as shown below. Could you please help me further on this:

Dinesh_S14_0-1688046031267.png

Thanks,

Dinesh

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Dinesh_S14 

the release notes says that it was validated using S32 Design Studio 3.4, so recommend to try this version.

I checked it on my side - I used S32DS 3.4 and I strictly followed all the steps in section "4. Setup" described in the readme file. I can successfully compile both projects.

So, please try S32DS 3.4 and let me know if it helps.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos