S32k148 First Block Flash Write is not happening.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32k148 First Block Flash Write is not happening.

rohit_alate
Contributor II

Hello,

Problem Case  :

I am using the s32k148 board, and in that first 512 kb of pFlash Block, I am using for the Bootloader and the Application code. i.e first 256kb I put the bootloader and in the next 256 kb I put the application.

But now what I am trying to do is I want to write the new Application receiving via CAN in the Application part(Second 256 Kb part).
so for that, i am able to erase the Application Memory by entering in the Bootloader and by using Flash Erase.
but now the current problem is with I am able to receive the frames over CAN but not able to write at the memory location.

Working Case :

But when I put the Bootloader in the first 512 kb block, and the application in the second 512 kb block, then I am able to write the complete new received application over CAN in the Second Block.
so now the problem as I mention in the above case, when I am trying to do it in the single 512 kb Block then it's creating the writing problem.

Kindly help me with this I am new to this kind of stuff.

Thanks in Advance,
Rohit 

0 Kudos
1 Reply

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Rohit,

It is not allowed to program/erase one block of PFlash (512KB) and read it (execute code from it) at the same time.

All allowed simultaneous operations are shown in this table:

danielmartynek_0-1620805162976.png

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos