Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K314-RAM size issue

Jump to solution
Simon-Liu
Contributor V

Hello

I saw in Table 5.S32K3xx chip's feature comparison in the S323XXRM manual that the RAM of the S32K314 has 512KB, which contains 96KB of TCM.
But in Table 90.Memory configuration, S32K314 has 160KB SRAM0 and 160KB SRAM1, as well as 32kB ITCM and 64KB DTCM.
All the above mentioned RAMs total only 416KB, which is 96KB short of 512KB. Where is this 96KB?

BestRegards

Simon

0 Kudos
1 Solution
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Yes there is only one core. But you can use whole TCM.

You will just access it via backdoor. You can see the address in the memory map for backdoor access are different as I have posted earlier.

You will use backdoor for any other master except core which is tight to memory. For example also for DMA access.

Best regards,

Peter

View solution in original post

5 Replies
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

That is the TCM from other core. You can use it even if core is not present via backdoor access.

petervlna_0-1716965588353.png

Best regards,

Peter

Simon-Liu
Contributor V

Hello Peter,

But according to the record in this table, S32K314 has only one core, how can I use the TCM of other cores?

SimonLiu_0-1716966772061.png

BestRegards,

Simon

0 Kudos
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Yes there is only one core. But you can use whole TCM.

You will just access it via backdoor. You can see the address in the memory map for backdoor access are different as I have posted earlier.

You will use backdoor for any other master except core which is tight to memory. For example also for DMA access.

Best regards,

Peter

Simon-Liu
Contributor V

Hello,

That means other Masters including Core M7_0 can also access TCM1 through the backdoor, right?

BestRegards,

Simon

0 Kudos
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

yes, that is the case.

Best regards,

Peter