cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K314 How to use FreeRTOS in IAR?

Jump to solution
Faith-Herio
Contributor II

#S32K3I used S32DS3.5 to establish the IAR compilation project, added the FreeRtos plug-in, and synchronously replaced the GCC file in the "protable" directory with the IAR file

FaithHerio_0-1706236881106.png

but this error occurred during the compilation

Error[Lc036]: no block or place matches the pattern "ro code section CODE in portasm.o symbols: [PendSV_Handler, SVC_Handler, vPortStartFirstTask, vPortEnableVFP]"

0 Kudos
1 Solution
sobo
Contributor III

Hello,

I don't used S32 workbench, but to link FreeRTOS in S32K3 project we must add a section in the icf file provide by NXP.

/* Add section CODE for FreeRTOS */
define block codeBlock with fixed order { section .text, section .mcal_text, section .acmcu_code_rom, section CODE };

Sophie

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sobo
Contributor III

Hello,

I don't used S32 workbench, but to link FreeRTOS in S32K3 project we must add a section in the icf file provide by NXP.

/* Add section CODE for FreeRTOS */
define block codeBlock with fixed order { section .text, section .mcal_text, section .acmcu_code_rom, section CODE };

Sophie

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

did you started the new IAR project from scratch or you switch toolchain in an existing project? 

If you switched toolchain, try to create new project and in project wizard select IAR. 

0 Kudos
Faith-Herio
Contributor II
Is there a solution now?
0 Kudos
Faith-Herio
Contributor II

I found that after adding FreeRTOS component, the Protable file added in the project was adapted to GCC version instead of IAR version. After I replaced the adapted file of IAR version, this problem occurred in the compilation, and I suspected that the "icf" file generated when building the project lacked support. If necessary, I can upload this file or project.

Thinks!

0 Kudos
Faith-Herio
Contributor II

New project

0 Kudos