Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K312-Padkeeping is still valid when SIUL2's MSCRn[PKE] is set to disable

Jump to solution
Simon-Liu
Contributor V

Hello,

I use the DS tool to configure the pin PTE18 (GPIO) as Pad keep disable, and configure Global Padkeeping as enable in the Power component.
In the program, set PTE18 as high level output and enter StandBy.
After entering StangBy, PTE18 is still high.
question:
1. After configuring the pin to Pad keep disable, that is, after setting SIUL2's MSCRn[PKE] to Disable, why is the pin not reset after entering StandBy?
2. What is the effect of setting SIUL2's MSCRn[PKE] to Enable/Disable?

BeatRegards

0 Kudos
1 Solution
danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Simon,

The state of the pins is always retained in the Standby mode regardless of PKE and STANDBY_IO_CONFIG.

The padkeeping function allows us to maintain the IO states throughout the wakeup reset.

If PKE = 1 and STANDBY_IO_CONFIG = 0 before the Standby mode entry, the IO state will be maintained until STANDBY_IO_CONFIG is set to 1 in the RUN mode after the Standby exit.

Setting STANDBY_IO_CONFIG = 1 disables the pad-keeping and configures chip IO according to its Run mode configuration.

So, before STANDBY_IO_CONFIG is set to 1, configure the SUIL2, otherwise the default (out of reset) configuration will take place.

Regards,

Daniel

View solution in original post

3 Replies
danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Simon,

The state of the pins is always retained in the Standby mode regardless of PKE and STANDBY_IO_CONFIG.

The padkeeping function allows us to maintain the IO states throughout the wakeup reset.

If PKE = 1 and STANDBY_IO_CONFIG = 0 before the Standby mode entry, the IO state will be maintained until STANDBY_IO_CONFIG is set to 1 in the RUN mode after the Standby exit.

Setting STANDBY_IO_CONFIG = 1 disables the pad-keeping and configures chip IO according to its Run mode configuration.

So, before STANDBY_IO_CONFIG is set to 1, configure the SUIL2, otherwise the default (out of reset) configuration will take place.

Regards,

Daniel

Simon-Liu
Contributor V

Hi @danielmartynek 

Thank you for your answer, I have another question: When I was testing, I found that if STANDBY_IO_CONFIG = 0, even if PKE = 0, the IO state of the pin can be maintained. So does it mean that setting PKE to 1 or 0 has no effect on PadKeeping?

BestRegards

0 Kudos
danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Simon-Liu,

If STANDBY_IO_CONFIG = 0 and PKE = 0, the pins are maintained in the Standby mode but not during the the Standby exit.

Regards,

Daniel