S32K3 reserved region in SRAM_1 s32k344

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K3 reserved region in SRAM_1 s32k344

not_a_duck
Contributor III

I can't find any documentation noting that the last 48kb of sram_1 are reserved for the HSE.
This post has a linker script that provides more detail: https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32K/S32K34-with-FreeRTOS-and-MPU-five-memory-Manager-exception/td-p/15...

* Last 48 KB of SRAM_1 reserved by HSE Firmware

Where is this noted in the reference manual or the HSE manual. Is this region always used by HSE or only under some circumstances?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

I found relevant information in AN744610 S32K3xx_Memories_Training in Secure Files. However, this document was last updated in April 2022. Please wait for me to confirm with the Application Team that the last 48KB still needs to be reserved.

Best Regards,
Robin

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

1) Devices with mask 0P55A have an earlier sBAF version. In these parts the 48 KB portion of SRAM will still be reserved no matter which HSE FW version is installed.
2) Devices with mask 1P55A will have the latest sBAF, and no System RAM will be reserved when HSE is installed.

For those parts in case (1), customer needs to update the sBAF. The latest sBAF binary and update instructions are in the HSE Demo Application available from the S32K3_Standard_Software->Automotive SW - S32K3 - HSE Firmware. The package includes Lauterbach scripts, but for a customer not having LTB, find  S32K3 MCUs for General Purpose HSE Demo Examples.

0 Kudos

not_a_duck
Contributor III

@Robin_Shen any updates on whether this still needs to be reserved, or under what conditions it needs to be reserved?

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I haven't received a reply from the AE team yet. Please check the information I sent you via private message. I hope it will be helpful to you.

0 Kudos