cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K3 Bootloader & App Hex file Merge Problem

HarrySu
Contributor II

Hello NXP, @nxf10035 

I have already successed using the ECU Bus to update firmware by CAN.

We want to merge Bootloader.hex & App.hex for one time programming in manufacture process.

Also, we have merged Bootloader.hex & App.hex to one hex file by Nordic Semiconductor tool.

But, when we program merged hex file to MCU, It doesn't jump to App, automatically.

Previously, I have contacted FAE @nxf10035 ,

he say the merged hex file should content BL+APP Info + APP.

I would like to know how to generate APP Info, is it a hex file too?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

nxf10035
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, @HarrySu 

The struct APP info as following:

nxf10035_0-1691547053398.png

For MP, BL, APP Info and APP should combined a file. So, the APP Info should created by user. You can reference APP Info' content of P-Flash after BL updated APP. Please note: for bin file, un-used area should fill data. Eg., P-Flash area between BL to APP Info, and APP Info to APP. For serc/S19, the three files(srec/s19) remove BL last line, remove 1st and last line of APP Info(If the file all lines are valid, then don't remove), remove APP 1st line and combine the three files(serc/s19) to a file. For HEX, I think it's similar bin file. You can reference the HEX format. 

BR 

Tomlin

0 Kudos

raj12
Contributor III
Hello @nxf10035,
Currently, I am working on S32K311 MCU, I have bootloader hex file and application hex file.
I want to merge bootloader and application hex file into single hex file for production use.
Kindly suggest me how proceed further, is there any tool is available for merge the hex file.?
or else can you please provide the example SW for merge hex file into the single file.

Looking forward for reply.

Thanks,
0 Kudos

HarrySu
Contributor II

Hello NXP, @nxf10035 

Thanks for your reply!

We use Cyclone application PROGACMP, read out the BL+APP flash memory to S19 file, and then program the S19 file back to MCU.

So far, the operations have been functioning normally. MCU Power reset, it jumps into the App, and it's also possible to return to the Bootloader for Firmware updates.

What risks might be associated with replacing the method of adding "App info" with directly reading a synthesized S19 file from flash?

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Harry

0 Kudos