S32K3 AUTOSAR Project - EB tresos or S32DS?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K3 AUTOSAR Project - EB tresos or S32DS?

grol
Contributor I

Hi,

I am new to AUTOSAR and have not really found an answer to that question yet. There are many examples of AUTOSAR implementations that rely only on S32DS, but some that have EB tresos configuration files.

So:

- Is there something that EB tresos can do that S32DS cannot do?

- Will I need EB tresos if I intend on using an AUTOSAR OS from eg. Vector?

So far I really prefer the UI of S32DS over EB tresos.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @grol,

For selecting the tools, it is mainly related to the customer requirements, not that one is better than the other. For example, the configuration files of EB Tresos are applicable for AUTOSAR format (such as AUTOSAR schema XML format) .mex file in S32DS doesn't follow this format, but it is easier to program NXP devices through this interface.

If you are interested in using AUTOSAR OS, I would recommend EB Tresos. Currently we only have available EB tresos AutoCore 8.8.9 for S32K3 (specifically S32K34x, plugin for EB Tresos), and Elektrobit's product line supports these:

• EB tresos AutoCore OS
  • EB tresos OsekCore OS
  • EB tresos Safety OS

We provide RTD packages to use with EB Tresos, as well as S32DS. This comes down to the application's requirements and supported plugins or packages.

Best regards,
Julián

0 Kudos

grol
Contributor I

Thanks @Julián_AragónM for your response.

I do have one more question to clarify a bit more:

Does that mean that if I want to use an AUTOSAR OS (probably not EB) I could still use S32DS to configure the RTD (because it seems to be easier to use) and generate the correct AUTOSAR interfaces there?

Best regards,

Günther

0 Kudos

Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @grol,

Yes, that is correct. It still needs to be supported by S32DS, such as the NXP RTOS package.

Best regards,
Julián

0 Kudos