cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K146 does not support JTAG debugging

Contributor III

4444.png

But I use ULINK2 on the development board to select JTAG and cannot connect

PTA10&PTC5 is configured as GPIO output mode and cannot output high and low levels
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Please try to select SWD and connect the MCU. (You can press reset and click debug.)
Please check the register value of PORT_PCRn, these two pins are default as JTAG function. (MUX=111)
If you want to use these two pins as GPIO, you need to configure is as GPIO function(MUX=001).

S32K146_IO_Signal_Description_Input_Multiplexing.png

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

Contributor III

1. As a GPIO test, the GPIO function has been configured to (mux = 001); only the input can be tested, and the output function is invalid.

2. My debugger only supports JTAG debugging, not SWD debugging, so I want to know why JTAG debugging is not possible, is there a problem with my settings, it is possible to debug with a pirated SWD debugger, but our project needs Use genuine JTAG debugging to meet the requirements.

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

If you have to use JTAG debugging, then you should not use PTC5 and PTA10 as GPIO. PTC5 is default as JTAG_TDI and PTA10 is default as JTAG_TDO.

Table 59-2. JTAG signal properties.png

Best Regards,
Robin
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

Contributor III

6666.PNG7777.PNG

The debug port is not set as a GPIO port. The debug port uses the default configuration. As shown in the figure above, you can enter debugging by selecting SWD, and you cannot enter debugging mode by selecting JTAG.

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

After consult it with technical supporter of Keil MDK, here is the feedback:

After some investigation in our uVision source code, I found out that our uVision currently does not recognize this JTAG ID. Most microcontroller vendors use the JTAG ID of Arm when there is a Cortex-M core inside, but these devices have an NXP JTAG ID. I have forwarded this to our engineering team. I'll let you know if and when they will implement it. Maybe I can provide a patch for tests soon.

Best Regards,
Robin
Note:

0 Kudos