cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K144EVB schematic pin information

ankan_creatara
Contributor III

Hello Everyone,

I was exploring the schematic of S32K144EVB, where I came across a few doubts. For easy understanding, I shall divide this entire post into two parts. Kindly take out some time go through it and let me know of any possible solution.

PART-A
Could anyone please make me understand the difference between:
1. LPSPI0, LPSPI1 and LPSPI2.
2. ADC0 and ADC1.

Let us suppose, we look into the LPSPI0_SOUT information. As I was going through the schematic diagram, I found that more than one port has the same functionality (i.e. LPSPI0_SOUT). The ports PTB1, PTB4 and PTE2, all these three ports has the same functionality of LPSPI0_SOUT. Why is it so?

I am attaching the screenshots for your reference. Please help me out in understanding this concept. Why are there multiple ports for the same functionality? 

ankan_creatara_0-1660821249302.png

ankan_creatara_1-1660821285651.png

ankan_creatara_2-1660821330573.png

PART-B

The same thing goes with the CAN ports in the schematics. There are three different types: CAN0, CAN1 and CAN2. Please help me understand the difference between all these three types.

The question here also remains the same, there are almost two port numbers each for CAN0_RX, CAN0_TX, CAN1_RX, CAN1_TX, CAN2_RX and CAN2_TX. Why is it so? 

Let us suppose we take the case of CAN0. Both PTC and PTE ports have CAN0 details (according to the schematics). But why is it that, only PTE has CAN details in the output side? Is it something like, CAN details can only be taken out from PTE ports? If so, Why is it? Why can't we extract the CAN details from PTC ports? 

I have attached the screenshots from the schematics for your reference.

ankan_creatara_3-1660821876973.png

ankan_creatara_4-1660821926505.png

Even though, the pins PTC6 and PTC7 have bot CAN1 and UART1 details, why is it than only UART is extracted from these ports and not the CAN details? Why is UART1 not extracted from any other ports like from PTC8-PTC9?

ankan_creatara_0-1660822700446.png

Please let me know the difference of UART0,1,2 and 3 as well. 

P.S.: I know the post is pretty lengthy. Kindly take out some time to go through it and help me figure it out.

Thank you for your time and patience.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

JRoberto
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @ankan_creatara.

The S32k1xx Family has up to three FlexCAN and three LPSPI modules instances they are named by instance number.

The reason that you can see the same feature listed on more that 1 pin is because you can configure the pin to be connected to those features....

Meaning you can decide if you want to have CAN0_RX routed to PTC2 or to PTE5 depending on your needs.

Kindly take a look at the Datasheet and the Reference Manual at:

S32K1 General-Purpose MCUs | NXP Semiconductors

I hope this helps.

Best Regards

0 Kudos

ankan_creatara
Contributor III

Thank you @JRoberto for your insight. 

0 Kudos