cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K144EVB-Q100 FlexCAN Encryption Example Code

vasanthakumarra
Contributor II

Hi,

I am trying to use the flexcan_encryption example app from S32DS V1.3.

Compilation and flashing to S32K144EVB-Q100 board works fine. But, while testing, not able to see (using CANalyzer) the msg's in CAN bus. 

In the code by default CAN FD support is enabled. Tried testing by disabling CAN FD support and same results.

Any register, pin or jumper configuration have to be taken care. Please confirm.

With  Regards,

Vasanth.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

saurabhkarnik
Contributor II

I am facing similar problem. After sending the message it is encountering a lot of errors and the bus status remains busy. 

0 Kudos

vasanthakumarra
Contributor II

Hi Allen,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I had connected 12V power to the board. 

Also, I tried another FlexCAN example from below path and CAN communication its working fine.

C:\nxp\S32DS_ARM_v1.3\eclipse\plugins\com.freescale.s32ds.arm.examples.descriptor_1.0.0.201611111129\Examples\S32K144\FlexCAN

In the above example, CAN msg data is written directly to the memory address.

But in case of flexcan_encryption example app, different flexcan driver function is called.

Is there any difference?

With Regards, 

Vasanth.

0 Kudos

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Vasanth,

I have tested the flexcan_encryption example from S32DS V1.3 on the S32K144EVB-Q100 and it seems to be working.

Upon button press I see a message on the CAN bus.

As Allen wrote, external 12V must be connected to the board and jumper J107 set to position 1-2.

If encryption is enabled the message could not be send, when encryption is failing. The encryption uses the first non-volatile user key, which needs to be configured by running the CSEc Key Configuration in the driver examples folder.  

BR, Petr

0 Kudos

vasanthakumarra
Contributor II

Hi Petr,

Thanks for the information.

I tried configuring the key using the CSEc Key Configuration driver example. But, setAuthKey() and loadKey() functions are returning false.

So, some problem with storing the key.

For this testing I had used 12V power and jumper J107 is set to position 1-2.

Any thoughts on how I can proceed further?

With Regards,

Vasanth.

0 Kudos

allen_willson
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Vasanth,

Have you supplied 12V power to the board?

The system basis chip cannot drive the CAN bus without 12V power.  The 12V power supply is not provided with the shipment of the board, so it must be available separately.

0 Kudos