cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K144 Flashing Error

raviranjankumar
Contributor III

Hi Everyone,

I am working on the S32k144 evaluation board. When I am trying flash that board in Keil, It's showing "Cannot access memory (@0xe00ffff0, Read, Acc Size: 4 Bytes)". After powering up the board, debugger led(RED) is set before flashing the board. With S32K Design studio also, I am not able to flash.

Waiting for your response...

Thanks & Regards,

Ravi Ranjan.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

testbed
Contributor III

Hi Ravi,

So, what was the final conclusion ? Did the board recover from that state ? I am facing the same issue & i am using Keil 5.25, yet it does not seem to recover...

Regards

-

0 Kudos

robertboys
Contributor IV

Hello

You might have inadvertently secured the device.

If you are using Keil MDK 5.23 (the current version) - you need to add a patch that enables Mass Erase on the S32k.  This will be present in the next release of  MDK (5.24).

Get the file UL2CM3.ZIP here:  www.keil.com/appnotes/docs/apnt_299.asp

Replace UL2CM3.DLL in C:\Keil_v5\ARM\BIN (to unlock the Flash on S32K)

While you are there - get CMSIS-DAP.zip and program this into your S32K board to use as the debug adapter.

This is all described in the appnote located at the above address.

When you attempt to program the Flash and if it is locked, uVision will ask you if you want to run the Mass Erase.  Click Yes.

Bob Boys

0 Kudos

wjandsq
Contributor IV

www.keil.com/appnotes/docs/apnt_299.asp

UL2CM3.ZIP 已经不在了,无法下载。

0 Kudos

hualiu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bob,

I might inadvertently secured the S32K144 device. (Erase all, containing the 0x40c secturity bytes)

So I tried your above method, but the MDK could not execute "mass erase", it always errored as "Flash erase failed". I tried J-link and Mulitilink P&E debugger, but they all failed. Please see the infor as below, could you advise how to erase and unsecured S32K144 in this case? Thanks a lot!

Debug set as P&E, error infor:

multilink.PNG

multilink2.PNG

Debug set as "JLINK", error infor:

Jink2.PNG

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

do you use external supply or USB cable only? Do you use in-built OpenSDA or do you use another debug probe connected to J14 header? What is the position of J107 jumper?

Which version of Design Studio do you use?

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos