cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K116: can_pal example issue. CAN_Receive works but CAN_Send doesn't

reldlm
Contributor I

Good morning,

I need to code a board which uses an S32K116 microcontroller to read and send CAN messages. As a result I've flashed the can_pal_s32k116 example into the board.

I have connected the board to an Ixxat USB adapter to send and read from the bus. When I send the commands from the Ixxat, the LEDs from the board change their values. However when I try to send a message from the S32K116 using CAN_Send, nothing is sent. After calling CAN_Send, CAN_Receive stops working properly.

Thank you and best regards,

Rodrigo.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @reldlm 

To run this demo application is required two boards. One is configured as a master, and the other as a slave (see MASTER/SLAVE defines in the application code).

Please make sure to have the two S32K116 boards to work with this demo. 

B.R.

VaneB

0 Kudos

reldlm
Contributor I

Hello @VaneB 

But couldn't it be possible to simulate the other board just by sending messages to the CAN bus using the Ixxat USB-to-CAN? That is what I've been doing and the LEDs toggle perfectly. However when I try to send something from the S32K116 board, the application breaks

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @reldlm 

Did you make any modifications to the code example?

As I mentioned before, this code was made to be implemented in two EVBs where one is called the master and the other one slave, as indicated in the definitions. Each of the devices has its own TX and RX mailbox to be able to send ad receive messages between them.

0 Kudos