Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K116 STATUS_ERROR on any command

Jump to solution
NathanGalasso
Contributor II

Hello,
I am new to programming MCU's and have been having problems with getting any command to work on the s32k116.  I started with an example project on s32ds being csec_keyconfig_s32k116 and then changed it to suit my needs.  I am using a custom board with the s32k116 and any command I send through WriteCommandHeader are returned with error by csec_readerrorbits() like this as example:  CSEC_WriteCommandHeader(CSEC_CMD_BOOT_OK, CSEC_FUNC_FORMAT_ADDR,CSEC_CALL_SEQ_FIRST, CSEC_SECRET_KEY);
I tried to use CSEC_CMD_INIT_RNG first but also got an error.  Does anyone know why the commands are getting errors?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
NathanGalasso
Contributor II

When running csec_flash_part it seems I forgot to power cycle when switching to the other program causing the commands not to work but after power cycling I was able to get the commands to work.  Thank you for your help!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @NathanGalasso 

let's start from the beginning:

Here's a screenshot from SDK user manual:

lukaszadrapa_0-1714122311458.png

1. Do you have CSEc enabled part?

2. Did you enable the CSEc by mentioned project?

3. Is the original csec_keyconfig_s32k116 (without any changes) working?

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos
NathanGalasso
Contributor II

As per your questions:

1) The part is CSEc enabled as i can tell by the register SIM_SDID having 11100000
2)I did try to run the mentioned project before the one I am working on to enable CSEc but the project is still not working
3)When I run the base project with nothing changed then I will get DefaultISR 

Thank you for reaching out and if you need anything else please let me know

0 Kudos
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Did you run the csec_flash_part example from RAM? Was it successful?

When you run the CSEc key configuration example, where does it fail exactly?

0 Kudos
NathanGalasso
Contributor II

When running csec_flash_part it seems I forgot to power cycle when switching to the other program causing the commands not to work but after power cycling I was able to get the commands to work.  Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos