cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K and Segger J-Link/J-Trace

jorgesuarez-riv
Contributor II

All,

I am looking to different debuggers out there to work best with the S32K family. I am working with Lauterbach now and it is great but I need to look for other options. I thought about Segger J-Trace. One feature that I found really useful in Lauterbach was a peripherals view that tells me the value of every register of the peripheral in a neat way (see attached). I haven't seen anything like this in Segger. Is there a similar view in Segger? I read that it support peripheral registers via SVD files but I haven't found any example of the process, neither where to find the SVD file for any of the S32K.

setdirection.PNG

0 Kudos
3 Replies

ctisch
Contributor I

In newer versions of the S32DS (S32DS3.4 in my case) the SVD files for Ozone moved to a different path.

The correct path is now:

S32DS.3.4\S32DS\software\S32SDK_S32K1XX_RTM_4.0.2\platform\devices\

From this device directory you now have to pick the chip you are working on. In there you will immediatly see the svd. For my specific S32K118 the full path is as follows:

S32DS.3.4\S32DS\software\S32SDK_S32K1XX_RTM_4.0.2\platform\devices\S32K118\S32K118.svd

0 Kudos

dawidbabula
Contributor II

jorgesuarez-rivaya‌ I don't know how about J-Trace but I've manage to make it work with J-Link and Ozone. I've found *.svd files in SDK 3.0.0 for S32K in following location $(INSTALL_DIR_OF_SDK)/platform/devices/S32K144/S32K144.svd. You must choose your own device of course. Then you can load svd file throught the following command in *.jdebug file: 

Project.AddSvdFile ("$(PATH_TO_SVD_FILE)");

0 Kudos

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I would recommend contacting Segger support.

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos