S32K FTM0 PWM

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K FTM0 PWM

sagar_yadav
Contributor I

I am using S32k144  for my application.First time I am using this controller.Can I set different PWM frequency for every PWM channel of FTM0. ?Can I used FTM Fault Inputs to turn off PWM?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi sagar yadav

Did you mean a different duty cycle for every channel? If so, then yes, each FTM channel can have a different duty cycle, but if you require a different frequency in each channel, then it is not possible to work the same module with different frequency base, you would need other FTM module.

Hope this helps
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

sagar_yadav
Contributor I

Hi Jorge,

Thanks for reply. I required different frequency for each channel so I will used different FTM module.

Can I used FTM Fault Inputs to turn off PWM?

Can I used FTM0CH0 for Fault Input to turn off FTM3_CH0 PWM output????

Thanks & Regards,

Sagar 

0 Kudos

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi sagar yadav

The fault input signals are used to control the CHn channel output state. If a fault is detected, the FAULTj signal is asserted and the channel output is put in a safe state. Please check the following link:

What is FTM FAULT?

Can we trigger FTM4 fault with Trgmux module 

You cannot use the fault input of one module to turn off another module, but you have an interrupt vector for the fault detection, you can with software disable the output of the FTM module that you need.

Regards

Jorge Alcala

0 Kudos