S32K ADC transfer function

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K ADC transfer function

muellermathias
Contributor III

In the application note AN12217 two different ADC transfer functions are presented:https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12217.pdf

adc_transfer_function.png

Unfortunately I could not find any information _which_ is actually implemented in the S32k controllers (in our case S32K144).

Are you able to provide this information?

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
5 Replies

muellermathias
Contributor III

First of all sorry for the late reply (project priorities currently have changed).

I'll try to give an example:

Would I read (in an ideal world) a 1 from the result register if the analog input's voltage reaches

• 0.5 LBS

or only if it reaches

• 1 LSB?
0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

AN5250 How to Increase the Analog-to-Digital Converter Accuracy in an Application

3.1.1. Offset error.png

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi muellermathias,

Sorry. We did not offer ADC Actual Transfer Function.(You can not find the curve describing this behavior is the actual transfer function and includes all the errors inherent to the ADC module itself.)

AN12217 ADC Actual Transfer Function.png

The following ADC specifications can be known from S32K1xx MCU Family - Data Sheet:
Differential Non-Linearity (DNL)
Integral Non-Linearity(INL)
Total Unadjusted Error (TUE)

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

muellermathias
Contributor III

Hello Robin,

I realize that the ideal transfer function cannot be represented by the actual hardware, but surely there must have been a design goal which type of transfer function should be implemented (compensated or uncompensated)?

But maybe I still have an understanding problem there...

Regards,

Mathias

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mathias,

I'm not sure if I understand what you need, can you show me an example. For the case of 12-bit ADC reference voltage of 5V, does ideal transfer function mean: result=4096*Vin/5 ? 

Best Regards,
Robin

0 Kudos