Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K_1xx_BCC_Eval_RevC , Port from S32K144 to S32K142 Failure

Jump to solution
Viewtop1
Contributor I

Hi All.

I am trying to port the S32K1xx_BCC_EVAL_RevC software from the S32K144 to the S32K142_64 processor.

I spun my own board off the BCC eval Schematic and MC33664, and replacing the S32K144 with the S32142_64pin since the there is a 52 week lead time for the K144 ic...

I have a 12s battery pack that has a MC33771 BMS Board on it. I just need to get my board to TPL to it.

My Own board, does not use the UJA power IC nor lspicom3  so these components and code is removed from the project. ( The eval project actually has these commented out anyway) 

I have now tried many times to do this by using the Knowledge base article: How to change the CPU derivative in an SDK based application on this site...

Following those steps the finished product fails to compile with 332 errors, 

So I am clearly doing something wrong... I just don't know what.

When I build the original project before attempting to convert it to the new processor it compiles as below

arm-none-eabi-size --format=berkeley  S32K_1xx_BCC_Eval.elf 

text   data     bss     dec     hex filename

45684     848   6224   52756   ce14 S32K_1xx_BCC_Eval.elf

Finished building: S32K_1xx_BCC_Eval.siz

I cannot get it to build after the processor conversion.

So Then I tried creating a new project with K142 Processor, copied the pin settings and copied the sources from the BCC project into my new project. 

This compiled and complained about Undefined reference to sort, which was sorted with a -lm to the linker.

However this compiles to a smaller size than that above. 

arm-none-eabi-size --format=berkeley  Test1.elf 

text   data     bss     dec     hex filename

45092   4596   6400   56088   db18 Test1.elf

Finished building: Test1.siz

Debugging it seems to get stuck at WDOG_EWM_IRQ Handler at startup_S32K142.S: 356 0x4ac

Or the Default ISR section of the startup_S32K142.S file.

So that also seems to not have worked... 

Any chance one of the guru's here could have a go please?

Much Appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CongDang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

What is the S32K1xx_BCC_EVAL_RevC software? Please let me know if it is a product of NXP. if yes, which release package it is in?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CongDang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

As I understand from your attachment , it is a problem to move demo code from S32K344  code to S32K342 ?  it seams a pure MCU tool chain question, do you need I seek MCU AE to support you?

0 Kudos
Viewtop1
Contributor I

Hi CongDang

Apologies. I should have checked that the software name actually has a site result.

https://www.nxp.com/design/design-center/designs/flexible-battery-management-system-bms-reference-de...

It is the software from the above link. I designed my own board using the S32K142 since the S32K144 seemingly has a lead time of 1 year from most suppliers.

0 Kudos
CongDang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

What is the S32K1xx_BCC_EVAL_RevC software? Please let me know if it is a product of NXP. if yes, which release package it is in?

0 Kudos